Storage buckets - how it works?

Hello,
I have some questions about storage buckets. I didn’t find anything about that in documentation and on the forum so here I am.
I just have some anxiety how much space (capacity) those buckets have when I am using orchestrator as provider (I am working on community edition cloud orchestrator). I am also wondering how it affects database for example when I have orchestrator on-premises wit sql database connected. If I understood correctly when I connect storage buckets with outside provider, it does not affects my potential database on-premise? but what when I’am using orchestrator as provider, where that data is stored (my guess is that in the automation cloud but i didn’t find anything about how much capacity there is for single user.)
So in short, my question is ho is data stored when using storage bucket in diffrent configurations and what are restrictions and risks of using it?

1 Like

Hello @jjjkuba!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi @jjjkuba

There are currently no limits to the capacity of the Orchestrator buckets, but it can change in the future if we spot that being abused in any way.

1 Like

Hi @jjjkuba,

It is stored on your orchestrator server(on-prem) if you are connected to orchestrator on-prem and create a storage bucket using storage provider as Orchestrator, for rest I understand its cloud(all third party systems).

Regards
Sonali

Limits of your Storage Buckets is going to be dependent on the Providers that you have configured. Specifically for Orchestrator provider, this is going to use Orchestrator’s configured storage which is defined by Storage.Type and Storage.Location in the UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config.

The values of Storage.Type can be FileSystem, Azure, Amazon, or Minio and the value of Storage.Location is dependent on the type selected.

It’s been a while since I’ve done a fresh install (2018!), but probably a safe bet the default Storage location was ./Storage within the installation directory of Orchestrator if not changed. We use a Network File Share for our Storage so when we create a bucket using the Orchestrator provider it uses the same FileSystem location defined by Storage.Location.

Which would be the Storage.Location/<tenentfolder>/BlobFilePersistence/<GUIDofBucket>/ and the meta data of the bucket would be in the database.

As for the Cloud Orchestrator, if you are using that you wouldn’t know where the bucket/data was being created if you selected Orchestrator as the provider as you don’t have access to the configuration, unless UiPath was willing to divulge such information.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.