Stop the application

how can i stop my application. already tried with break. but it didn’t work. I’m using a while with if inside. I need the application to stop at any given time.

1 Like

Hi @Rodrigo_Bispo_Rocha,

Is it a unattended bot? check out this link - How to pause a bot - #7 by FireflySeason2

cheers,
VJ

understand. more in the text it seems to me that they are talking about pausing. And what I want is to stop the application

@Rodrigo_Bispo_Rocha - Are talking about stopping the bot or the application bot opened?

may this help you

Regards!

stopping the bot

1 Like

Hi
We can use TERMINATE WORKFLOW activity so that the application (uipath Studio) will stop running the process
Or
If we want to close the application that studio uses and run the process in it, then use a KILL PROCESS activity and mention the ProcessName property as “EXCEL” if we want to close excel or if it’s a internet explorer then mention as “iexplore”

And if it’s any other application that had to closed then we can the ProcessName property value from Task Manager of the system where get the application exe file name and mention the name without .exe file extension (for eg, EXCEL.exe should’l be mentioned as EXCEL)

Cheers @Rodrigo_Bispo_Rocha

1 Like

thanks !!

1 Like

Cheers @Rodrigo_Bispo_Rocha

1 Like

The most convenient way to stop an application from anywhere is to have a Global Handler workflow and when you want to end you use a throw activity.

1 Like

thanks !!