Stop child workflow and resume with father

So, I have a for each inside a father workflow which invokes a child workflow.
I need to be able to stop this new workflow, go back to the father and keep going with the for each but I can’t do it without terminating the whole project.

Father:

Child:

Continue activity can’t be used because the error doesn’t occur inside the cycle but in the workflow invoked by the cycle.

Terminate Workflow activity kills all processes but I want the father one to continue.

Is there a way to stop the child (if the error occurs) which doesn’t kill every UiPath process and lets me keep executing after the error occured?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I didn’t explain myself well enough

why Continue activity is not possible?

@Daniele_Bossi
you can use try catch

1 Like

This is why:

Yeah, that I know, but what do I put in the catch to go back to the father workflow and resume with the for each cycle?

Unless I interpreted badly Continue Activity’s description and it works even if the cycle is in another workflow. Gonna try now and let you know

EDIT: Nope, I tried and Studio tells me I can put Continue only in a for each

You mean in for each you used invoke wf and in invoked wf you will get error?

Yes, just as the two screenshots demonstrate, I have the Invoke activity inside a for each in the first workflow and the event (it’s not really an error) happens in the invoked workflow.

After the error occurs I need to go back to the for each and continue with next iteration

Solved

I put the invoke activity inside a try-block and, when the child returns the exception, a Continue Activity in the catch-block

Thanks anyway :smiley:

Well Done!
Sorry for not replying as i wasbusy

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.