Step was not recorded succesfully error and notepad problem!

I joined the family by making a fresh start. I am currently doing “If activity” in a simple way on the site “https://learning-challenges.uipath.com/moviesearch/index.html”. We log in to the site with the Web Recording process. When we log in, there is the search textbox on the upper right. If the movie I am looking for is correct, it will exit the program directly. In case there is else, I save the text “found movie” in the notebook with the recording method. There are 2 problems here.

1. When I open “basic recording” in the notebook and say “Start app”, the error that comes across is(I also tried on web recording, but I still encountered the same error) :
    Step was not recorded succesfully error!

2)After encountering this problem, I tried to click on the notepad. Click on the notepad and then type operation is done. Then I had the ctrl + s operation from the keyboard. I tried to write the name of recording with which name the notebook will be saved. After writing, I asked him to e-mail me. But the error came out after run:
{
“message”: “Send Hotkey ‘editable text’: Could not find the UI element corresponding to this selector:\n[1] \n[2] \n[3] \n\nSearch failed at selector tag:\n[1] \n\nThe closest matches found are:\n[67%] ”,
“level”: “Error”,
“logType”: “Default”,
“timeStamp”: “01:09:29”,
“processVersion”: “1.0.0”,
“jobId”: “6fe39757-7a8c-4d75-922d-b25a14ba3df9”,
“robotName”: “saricamert27@gmail.com-attended”,
“machineId”: 1150827,
“organizationUnitId”: 1173450,
“fileName”: “Main”
}

Screenshot_4|690x307

I hope it has been understood. I elaborated as much as I can. I tried to share my project, but I cannot share new members, as far as I can see. I wish everyone a good day.

Mert

Hi @Mert_Sarica !
Welcome to UiPath Community :smile:

1. Try to use Recording Desktop and let us know
  2. Alright, to use send hotkey, you need to be aware of several things:
  • you need when you use send hotkey to indicate the notepad window, not the content where you just typed into
  • once you indicate the element and save it, you need to work on your selectors. I suppose that you have one or several attach windows that points to your notepad, you need to the the following for each attach window:

Then replace by a wildcard (a star) then validate the element:

At the end you’re supposed to have the following:

Don’t forget to clik on Ok, and that’s it.

Let us know if there is still something not working !