Start a job every time I receive an email

I set up my orchestrator and added a process to it.
I now want to execute the job every time one specific mailbox receives an email.
Is it possible to do that using UiPath and orchestrator?

No directly. A solution could be that creating a specific robot to just get last mail
→ If a mail found send a queue item or start a job
But i dont know if it a better solution than run your robot every hour

well, this does not sound very efficient, I would waste a licence and a machine just to check the emails…

Do you know if I can start a robot using an API call?

check a email could take 5s (depending your outlook server)
If u run it every hour 5s*24 :stuck_out_tongue:

You wouldn’t waste a license - you don’t need a dedicated robot to run a process. You could schedule the robot to execute the “read emails” process at some interval, and you can use the same robot to execute your other processes.

I see the confusion of a Robot and a Process quite often:

Robot = the UiPath Robot software, which is installed on a machine and can execute processes.

Process = the “instructions” to be executed by the robot.

Back to your original question, yes, you could create a process that checks a mailbox and either executes a process (or job) immediately once an email is received, or add it to a queue to be executed. You can find lot’s of examples here in the forums.

Happy automating :wink:

1 Like

Hi @ClemensSteinbauer,
It is possible. But as @Arber_Dervishi said, you don’t waste a license for a bot to check for new emails. You just create a windows service or schedule a task for checking new emails, then trigger the UiPath process using orchestrator API.

You can check the email using Outlook API

1 Like

Yes it is possible to hit the mailbox on regular intervals using Cron expressions

Refer the below link for cron expression generator

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.