SQL Server Recommendation - Dedicated or Shared Database

@loginerror @Pablito

Hello Community, Maciej and Pawel,
a tiny question: The prerequsites of the SQL Server installation describes a few basic perspectives. What are the recommendations for the database, is it necessary to have a dedicated database or is it possible to use a shared database? From an experiential perspective, what are metrics to determine to use a dedicated or shared database?
Thanks for answers, hints and tips.
Best regards
Stefan

You can host the orchestrator database on a shared database server, if that is what you were asking. As long as the sql server has the required specs to manage the additional datbases being hosted

1 Like

@eric.kalkstein

Hello Eric,
thank you very much for your reply. My question was about whether the database itself can be shared, not the database server. I mean, whether the database can be used in parallel by other applications, so that multiple different database schemes would be available on the database. SQL Server supports multiple schemas. But from an operation perspective of Orchestrator, what is your recommendation? Is it better to use a dedicated database, which is exclusive for the Orchestrator available, or is it also possible to use a shared database, which is also available for other applications? From an experiential operation perspective, what are metrics to determine to use a dedicated or shared database?
Best regards
Stefan

For UiPath there is no merging of schemas with other non related databases. The exception to that is the option to levera identity server and test auomation to use the same database as the orchestrator DB but these are the only cases where we would support multiple schemas on the DB.

1 Like

@eric.kalkstein

Hello Eric,
thank you very much for your answer. So I assume that the operation of the Orchestration with a shared database is possible.
Best regards
Stefan

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.