"SQL Server host is required"
This issue comes up when the install.json file of a multi node installation is missing a SERVER_NAME parameter to one of the services to be installed.
Option 1 (assuming successful primary node install on a windows server 2016 machine for webadmin module):
Try regenerating the install.json file:
- Navigate to the installation directory of your primary Orchestrator.
- Open the Orchestrator installation directory and execute Generate-ParametersFile.ps1. Note: The appPool custom user password must be passed unless appPoolIdentity is used for authentication.
- A JSON file is generated based upon the configuration files and environment of the existing Orchestrator.
- Using this file, complete the secondary node installation.
Try adding the missing server name manually:
- Navigate to your install.json file that you're using for node 2.
- Have the customer retry the install with the following parameters (where applicable) added to the install.json file:
Note: DB_SERVER_NAME as mentioned in the documentation only works on the primary node.