Sort Table in excel

Hi All,

While using the sort table activity, i am getting this error.

RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelInteropActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Can someone please help >

Hy @Rohit_Agarwal, welcome to the UiPath Community!

At the beggining of your workflow please add a ‘Kill’ Activity Process Name: Excel

It should work then

Regards

Hi, please dont create two of the same problem cause it will be harder to get help…

Apology for the inconvenience. Please delete that thread. I will keep this in mind going forward

1 Like

Excel.xaml (13.3 KB)

Hi @William_Blech_Sister Thanks but it seems error persists. have attached the xaml. could you please check out and help ?

Hy @Rohit_Agarwal,

I Have a look at your workflow, it could be smaller, like this:

Read Range from Book1 Sheet Range1
Sort Data Table by Year
Print sorted data table to Book2.

Have a look!
Excel.xaml (8.7 KB)

You dont need to use the Sort Excel Table: I believe the error is that there is no such table in Excel.

Regards

@William_Blech_Sister I understood the workaround. Nevertheless, downloaded the example from forum and that too has the same exception, don’t know the issue. Anyways, thanks for your time.

1 Like

@Rohit_Agarwal,

Very glad I could help! Keep studying!!

Happy automation!!!

I am however not able to use sort table activity in any of my projects yet

Hy @Rohit_Agarwal,

Could you share your entire workflow project folder as it is now?

Thanks

11th june.zip (25.6 KB)
sort.xlsx (9.7 KB)

@William_Blech_Sister Done, Thanks in advance

@William_Blech_Sister Quite interesting, getting the same error for Insert Column but Delete Column is working fine. BDW, i am having WPS installed rather than MS Office. Hope it doesn’t make any diff

Hy @Rohit_Agarwal,

The error in your workflow is that in file ‘Book2’ you are trying to sort an Excel table that does not exist.

When UiPath copies data from ‘Book1’ to ‘Book2’ it copies just the data. It does not replicate the Excel Table. UiPath does not have an activity to create an Excel Table yet.

Is it clear to you know?

Regards

1 Like

@William_Blech_Sister Many thanks, understood the concept. However, there is some other issue with my system probably .

Hy @Rohit_Agarwal,

Please remove this activity from your workflow, there is no Excel Table in the new file and no UiPath Activity to create it, ok?!

Regards

done !! thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.