Solution Accelerator Documentation and Question(s)

Hello,

I’m going through one of the PDF documentations packaged in a Solution Accelerator.

I see instructions to switching between Classic and Modern experiences in the PDF. But these UI features have evolved in the latest studio (2024.2.*) CE updates. This is a screen shot from the PDF that I have read through and recorded comments on.

This is at the Project Level:

And this is at the Studio Level:

Both of these do not exist in the latest 2024.2.* update of Studio. Therefore I went back to the documentation online and found this note:

Therefore, I presume that the online documentation is the right way to go. And sure enough I can see the classic activities after following the online documentation.

Suggestion/Question:
IMHO, this detour kind of “decelerated” my “accelerator” process. Therefore, would including such ever changing features of the product in SA documentation really serve the objective to accelerate? Instead would providing a link to the documentation portal be the better option?

Reason why this has come up and Solution Failure:

The documentation on reusability advises that we should return a reference to an application or Browser window.

I wanted to do something like this for an Excel Workbook object (output by the Classic Excel Application Scope activity).
I don’t know how this is done in the Modern Excel counterpart and therefore wanted to switch to the classic mode and ended up taking a detour.

However this approach of using a classic activity in Modern experience failed because each time I tried to return reference to the Workbook as an output argument, the flow failed with this error:

System.Exception: Could not retrieve the result of the job execution. This might be because a message was too large to process.

Thanks!

Hey Andy,
We are looking into this and will update on thread accordingly.

1 Like

Right. Thank you for taking this up so quickly! :+1: