Small Enterprise Proposal (what do you think?)

Hello UiPath Forum,

i am setting up a framework for my new companies, and i am in dubt about some points on infrastructure software configuration. Let’s pretend we have a configuration like this:

Dev environment:

• UiPath Studio license (concurrent user)
  • Windows Server 2012 (Multiaccount)
  • MSOffice

Publisher environment :
Orchestrator:

• UiPath Orchestrator license
  • Windows Server 2012 (with IIS)

SQL Server

• SQL Server is mandator? Can I use a free one like mySQL?
  • Windows Server 2012 is required on VM? Can I use linux O.S.?

Elastic Search server

• Windows server 2012 is required on VM? Can I use linux O.S.?

Prd environment (with N robots):

• UiPath Robot license
  • Windows Server 2012
  • MSOffice

What do you think about it? Can you please calrify me the doubt also on SQL server and Elastisearch one?
thank you in advance for the support
best regards,
Mattia

SQL Server

• SQL Server is mandator? Can I use a free one like mySQL? - SQL database is mandatory
  • Windows Server 2012 is required on VM? Can I use linux O.S.? - Windows for SQL Need to test on linux might work you can give a try

Elastic Search server

• Windows server 2012 is required on VM? Can I use linux O.S.? - Yes we can use Linux
2 Likes

Thank you Akash!

So as of my understanding for Elastisearch Server i just need to contemplate the server (virtual or fisical) and install the elasticsearch on linux system.

while for SQL Server i am forced to integrate only microsoft solutions, is this correct?
Which SQL server version is better?

Thank you again in advance
best regards,
Mattia

Until unless ES is reachable from Orchestrator web server it is good.
Recommended SQL version:

Great! Thank you for your help. I already check the documentation but i was looking for something related to your experience. Based on what you already do which version of SQL Server better fits the balance on costs/benefit?

For testing purpose you can go ahead with developer edition as well. For enterprise deployment you can have once from the recommended. Apologies but i do not have idea about cost wrt SQL.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.