Site Updates Interrupting Webscraping

Hello all,

We currently have a web scraping program which collects information from a website including number of product images/videos, ratings, item # and other information. However, due to frequent updates to the site, the program must be

Hi @kodm,
Please finish the sentence as I don’t know how to help you :slight_smile:

Hi @Pablito,
Im sorry about that. Here is the full message.

We currently have a web scraping program which collects information from a website including number of product images/videos, ratings, item # and other information. However, due to frequent updates to the site, the program must be changed along with these updates in order to work. Are there any activities/methods I can use that would be more reliable and prevent me from changing the program every time there is an update?Thank you!

Well it depends on many different things. What I can suggest is the fact that Web Scrapping makes an easy way to collect data from website but it’s only the beginning and easy way for people starting they journey with RPA. You should definitely check out dynamic selector topic which allows you to build universal automation which will fit to more cases etc. Have you tried our academy?