I am trying to do a very simple thing: Type into activity using a string variable within Excel workbook with SimulateType property. Ideally I need to type text into a Comment window (Alt+R+C creates one), but it does not work even for a simple cell A1. What I tried and it didn’t work:
- checked versions, both MS Office and Studio are 64 bit
- tried all combinations of properties available: send text to window / click before type / empty field / simulate type
- simulate type does work in a Notepad
- Type into WORKS within my New Comment window if SelectType is NOT used. if I check the box - nothing is typed
- I tried adding Excel scope and attach window - no result
- Tried typing a string VS a string variable. no difference with Simulate type.
- refreshed Excel package, rebooted the machine.
- my file is *xlsm but did not work in a *xlsx either.
- without Simulate type there is no issue and I see the text being typed into my New Comment window. So it’s not the selector.
- text is two words, no special signs, no hotkeys
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance,