Simulate type error in Oracle JDE application

Hi @acepgh

It’s been almost a year and getting exactly the same issue. I have unattended bot license that works while watching the robot otherwise failed every time. In my case, Typeinto activity failed on a specific Oracle JDE application textbox but works fine on simple browser applications, e.g. enter a name on textbox

I have noticed the following behavior:

Only Successful:

• IF RDP Open and SimulateType UNCHECKED - Typeinto activity enter the text correctly and save click working absolutely fine

Failed:

• IF RDP Minimized and SimulateType UNCHECKED - Typeinto activity enter the text correctly and error on save click

• IF RDP Open and SimulateType CHECKED - Typeinto activity enter the text correctly but validation error occurred on save click

• IF RDP Minimized and SimulateType CHECKED - Typeinto activity enter the text correctly but validation error occurred on save click

The attached screenshot shows the error message and exception.

I have also tried to use delay, click and ui-element exist activities but unfortunately no luck. I spend a lot of time on it and finally decide to post a question on it.

Really appreciated and thank you very much for your help!!

Message 02

Hi @samarm,
I made new topic from your post. It makes no sense to post in old topic and make new topic with comment like “continue discussion from…”. It’s unnecessary garbage posting in my opinion.

Regarding you issue. Seems that this particular application have some issue with proper understanding the text when it’s written using “simulate type” attribute. I’m afraid that in this case attended robot can be required. Eventually try to test it with CV activities. Maybe this will help.

Hi
Did we try enabling Sendwindowmessage property
@samarm