Simulate mouse scroll / scroll without using scroll bar

Cant you make a sequence, that click the dropdown and picks the selector that matches the first one in the list?

Or click the dropdown and use tab or up key with typeinto or send hotkey to move to your needed selection.

The application I am working is not a web application and neither it has any scroll bar. I only option is to scroll using the mouse. How can i move forward ?

1 Like

Hi @Rajasatish,
Would some similar solution to the one suggested below help you:

Hey, I am also facing same issue with scroll up-down within IE. It have tried various methods, but it doesn’t really do the scroll but successfully execute the following activities mentioned after scroll (did it just for testing it out).
Task I am doing is open an IE browser -> scroll to a specific location on a page which is nothing but a link -> click on the link.

Kindly help

The recording doesn’t work either @Magali_Philippe because it doesn’t record scroll.

Hey, I am also facing the same issue with scroll up-down within IE. I have tried various methods, but it doesn’t really do the scroll but successfully execute the following activities mentioned after scroll (did it just for testing it out).
Task I am doing is open an IE browser -> scroll to a specific location on a page which is nothing but a link -> click on the link.

Kindly help

This is great! Tried it and it works perfectly for my use case (an app that won’t allow simulated clicks on hidden items…). Thanks.

1 Like

@Lothar_Verledens, Gracias buen hombre es justo lo que necesitaba. eres un crack

So to scroll down I should use False and True for up.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
And how much to scroll then for that pixels

thanks for this! Works great :slight_smile:

Hi,

In we application i am also facing mouse scroll bar issue. i’m using “Send Hotkey” +right.

mouse

Please help :slight_smile:

can you please share the source code

Sure, it’s available on Github: UiPath-Custom-Activities/ScrollActivity at master · lverledens/UiPath-Custom-Activities · GitHub

1 Like

Hi,

I have tried with the activity you mentioned on a web application. It is not working for me. Could you pls help with the prblm…

I have attached a browser window and simply included Scroll activity with input parameters. Any thing else to be done apart from this??

Regards,
Sravya V

Make sure that your mouse hovers the correct element

Hi, i tried Two click activity at Dropdown one to click on dropdown and 2nd one for to click on Text, and passing the Variable in 2nd selector in place of “aaname” some one of them are getting the Data, but one of them had a lot off elements in dropdown but i not getting that one.

Actually i installed SCROLL ACTIVITY and i also assigned values for that in properties pannel , but im putting this activity between two click activities…
so plz suggest me how to use this activity…

Thanks and Regards

try to use “set focus” activity, but u need an element to identify the item

As this topic is not closed I will deliver an solution nevertheless the thread is old.

First you can use the click acitivity for selecting the drop down.

You can then solve this with an alternative to scrolling.
Send hotkey: select ctrl. and write “f”
Then you can search for an object in that list and your screen will move to it.
Send hotkey : enter
or just close your search bar.

i installed this package …now which activity i do ?

really thank you bro, You are amazing :grinning:

Am trying to use the scroll activity but it isn’t working for me advice could be highly appreciated and a demo video.

Thank you