Simulate click fails with no compatible error, on some machines

When click on a button on a java application, i got this error:
Click ‘Click’ acitivity ‘’: Click with “Simulate” is not compatible with this element. Use another type of Click.

This click with “Simulate” is working fine on my computer, with the same java application.
Also, if this can help, in the computer that works, the text on buttons in that application, the tag name appears as html code, in the computer that fails, is just plain text.

Hi @Jorge_Dominguez , can you provide the selectors for both of the elements? Also, if you are using a version of UiAutomation newer than 21.2, can you also provide the accessibleClass and base class properties of both elements (They should be visible in the property explorer panel in UiExplorer or in the selector attributes panel on the right side)?

Thanks for the reply Vlad,
I’m using a v 21.4 version.
The selector is the same on both computers, (using modern ui)
App Selector:

<wnd app='java*.exe' cls='SunAwtFrame' title='SILTRA Versión *' />

target selector:<java name='*Envío*ecepción*' role='push button' />
Fuzzy Selector: “<java name='*Envío*ecepción*' role='push button' check:text='Envío/Recepción' />
Anchor Selector: <java cls='JPanel' idx='9' role='panel' />
Anchor Fuzzy Selector: “<java cls='JPanel' role='panel' check:fulltext='Envío/Recepción&#xD;&#xA;&#xA;Consulta de Envíos Cotización&#xD;&#xA;&#xA;Consulta de Envíos Afiliación/INSS&#xD;&#xA;&#xA;Seguimiento' />
AccesibleClass is AccesibleJButton in both cases
BaseClassName is Javax.Swing.JButton in both cases
I can use simulate in one computer, in the other i need to use hardware events to make it work.
Thank you if you can suggest something

Hey @Jorge_Dominguez , I see, is the same JRE installed on both machines? If not, can you provide some additional info for the one that does not work?
If it is a Java 8 or lower, the file at the path JRE\lib\rt.jar should exist.
Also, if it is Java 9 or higher, the file at path JRE\lib\src.zip should exist.
Can you share the correct one?

Thankyou again Vlad,
It seems to be complicates thing, well, this what i can see:
On the machine that works:

• java.home = C:\Program File**s (x86)**\Java\jre1.8.0_271

rt.jar is Present
More java info in this machine:

• java.awt.graphicsenv = sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment*
  • java.awt.printerjob = sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob*
  • java.class.path = .*
  • java.class.version = 52.0*
  • java.endorsed.dirs = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_271\lib\endorsed*
  • java.ext.dirs = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_271\lib\ext*
  • C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\lib\ext*
  • java.home = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_271*
  • java.io.tmpdir = C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Local\Temp*
  • java.library.path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath*

On the Machine that doesn’t work:

• java.home = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_301

rt is also present

More info on this machine:

• java.awt.graphicsenv = sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment*
  • java.awt.printerjob = sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob*
  • java.class.path = .*
  • java.class.version = 52.0*
  • java.endorsed.dirs = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_301\lib\endorsed*
  • java.ext.dirs = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_301\lib\ext*
  • C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext*
  • java.home = C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_301*
  • java.io.tmpdir = C:\Users\gamering\AppData\Local\Temp*
  • java.library.path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath*

Another thing is the fact that i don’t konw if the computer has been rebooted after the installation of the uipath java component.

@Jorge_Dominguez ,

I think I know what the issue is, the Simulate Click is based on a certain text value, and I think the two apps are loading different resource bundle classes. Shorter, I think the one that is working is loading the resources in English and the other one, in another language (Spanish ?). Is there any special parameter used to run the app that is not working? It may be an additional command line parameter, something changed in a configuration file?

I think we’re looking for swing.defaultlaf property, or a file called swing.properties

If the problem is the one I am talking about in the previous comment, we can come with a fast workaround and we can start working on a fix for this.