Simplifying management of large-scale - Tableau

UiPath 2018 introduces UiPath Orchestrator Enterprise Edition, with one-step robot licensing, provisioning, scheduling and intelligent monitoring and alerting. It also supports large-scale, multi-tenant operations for multinational businesses and service providers. Both UiPath Orchestrator Enterprise Edition and UiPath Orchestrator Standard Edition now offer enhanced out-of-the-box, easily customized Kibana and Tableau reports and streamlined human-to-robot work queue orchestration.

So to the question, im wondering if theres some documentation about the “enhanced out-of-the-box” solution for Tableau?

Source: UiPath Announces the Availability of UiPath 2018 Platform

Sorry to see nobody has chimed in to answer a straight forward question. I report up to the head of BI, they know Tableau, he saw this, and now i’m on the hook for an explanation.

So @Sorin_Stania. Back in April you posted

Now you’ve added Tableau Jobs and Queues Dashboard for Orchestrator to Go! but that can’t be all there is to the “enhanced out-of-the-box” solution for Tableau? Did marketing get ahead of product? :slight_smile:

@ovi are you sitting on some secret Tableau information you can share?

I know you guys are growing in leaps and bounds and that’s awesome, but the difficulty in getting information, much less support, is concerning.

Thanks.
Troy

Hi Troy,

What was the question nobody chimed in about ? I might have missed some forum threads if I am not specifically named there.

Since April, we spent time both on the content of the Tableau dashboards, on the data model and on the “data pipeline” to make sure using Tableau (or any other BI tool) does not impact Orchestrator performance. The current release is the first “stable and tested” one, and it is much more than a set of dashboards: it is a starting point, a reliable data connection and a methodology to build your custom dashboards. We could have built a lot of very fancy dashboards that some people might have found useful, but we decided to provide a sound foundation for companies to customize and build their own structures (blending in data from their internal sources) and a standardized data source. I agree that sometimes Marketing gets ahead of Product, but this is like a release version versus a beta version: the changes are in the background, methodology and scalability.
I am still working on another set of dashboards related to licenses etc. which takes more time because of the licensing changes.
This solution is “out-of-the-box” as you can be up-and-running in less than 20 minutes by following the instructions, but most of our clients will take it, understand the data model, and customize it to their needs.
What do you feel is missing from the current solution ?

Thanks… Sorin

1 Like

Hello Haakon,

Sorry I missed that entry - I need to customize my alerts better. There is a “stable” solution that has been published here https://go.uipath.com/component/tableau-jobs-and-queues-dashboard-for-orchestrator
Please let me know if you need more information…

Sorin

Excellent information @Sorin_Stania and THANKS! for the clarification. Just for housekeeping, this is what I was referring to.

I wasn’t specifically targeting you on that question, but thought that since you seem to be the Tableau go to guy, I could get you to chime in this time.

Great job putting out the Tableau Dashboards in Go! and look forward to seeing more. As for what’s missing, just a little section in the documentation to explain what you just explained here would go far.

Thanks again.

Troy

1 Like

On the marketplace there are instructions on how to configure the dashboards to connect them to your SQL server, but I have not been able to build the “business user’s” guide, which describes the data dictionary and the business logic of the dimensions and metrics… It’s on my (long) to-do list ! Take care,

1 Like