Shift + F3 Combination In Terminal

Hi, I need to pass Shift+F3 ket combination in terminal. Please suggest.
I tried send hotkeys, but it is not working.

Hi, I need to pass Shift+F3 ket combination in terminal. Please suggest.
I tried send hotkeys, but it is not working. Please suggest.

try sending hotkeys while attached to the terminal window using attach application

“shift” is equivalent to “F12”

if you need to pass “shift+F3”, terminal activity have “F15” key. use that

3 Likes

Hi Gaurav,

ddrdushy1 is right.

On Mainframe Terminal there are 24 function keys (from PF01 to PF24).
Send Control Key actually sends those functions, not the PC Keys.

So typically the VT3270 terminal PF01 to PF12 keys are mapped to F1 to F12 PC keys and VT3270 keys PF13 to PF24 are mapped to Shift + (offeseted) F* PC Keys.

Thus:
PF13 = Shift + F1
PF14 = Shift + F2
PF15 = Shift + F3 ( and this is what you need)

PF24 = Shift + F12.

(These can be custom remapped in terminal emulator, so when in doubt check Keyboard Mappings in the Terminal Emulator configuration/help)

But the long story short, you need to use Send Control Key with F15 in your case.

1 Like

Hi
how to pass alt+a
and ctrl+c using terminal activities on Reflection workspace

Hi @ddrdushy1,

Can you please tell the equivalent for “ctrl”

Thanks in advance

Sorry for being late here.

There are no equivalents on Mainframe terminals for Alt, Ctrl keys, so using Send Control keys will not work.

The only way would be to use Send Hotkeys (the regular UI Automation activities) - make sure to point it at the real terminal window, not the wizard one.

Or, if these are supposed to be mapped to terminal functions (although it seems you want to go through clipboard so this may not apply), you need to check to what terminal function a specific shortkey combination is mapped to and send that function instead. For instance, if Alt+F10 is mapped to PF_CLEAR, you need to send “Clear” in Send Keys (or Send Control Key) activity.

1 Like