Sharepoint connection

Hello, I was reading the documentation for package, how to use Sharepoint with UiPath, but I have trouble with connection.

The browser easily open the URL.
The sharepoint activity causes error message about: Expception encoutered when trying to login to the Sharepoint instance: Cannot contact web site https:// … or the web site does not support Sharepoint online credentials. The response status code is Unauthorized.

I created variable via get password activity and variable for username with default value and use them in the Sharepoint application scope activity.

Do you know , what is wrong when broswer works and sharepoint connection not?

Br,
Petra

Hello PetraC,
Did you find the solution to this problem. As far as my knowledge is concerned it happens because the legacy authentication protocol setting is disabled in SharePoint Online Tenant.
If that is a root cause then you must enable legacy authentication protocols in your tenant in order to connect to your SharePoint Online site. By default, this value is set to True, to allow PowerShell scripts, Office clients, and 3rd party applications, to connect to SharePoint Online using non-modern authentication protocols.

To enable legacy authentication, Go to SharePoint Online Admin Center >> Click on “Access control” from left navigation >> Click on “Apps that don’t use modern authentication” and set it to the “Allow Access” option. Click on “Save”

Thank you!

1 Like