Shared Email - “Move Outlook Mail Message: The specified folder does not exist:”

Hi All

I get this error occasionaly: “Move Outlook Mail Message: The specified folder does not exist:” for subfolder in a shared email sitting under Inbox - Processed.

I have tested number of different scenarios including if another user is using the Processed folder.

However not able to replicate it.
it only happens occasionally.

Appreciate your expertise ideas and assistance.

Thanks

1 Like

Getting same error also occasionally. I am able to reproduce if the Outlook view of the shared inbox is pointed towards any of the sub folders of that shared inbox. To prevent this error, as soon as outlook is opened i have it highlighting the top-most level of the shared inbox.

thanks for your reply. Do you have a solution you can share.

Hi,

If your Processed- folder is inside inbox you need to provide MailFolder as “Inbox\Processed folder” Then it will work

Hello,
The following two commands inside my try-catch for move message have tested ok throughout today (using outlook 2013)
image
Argument Exception --> Send HotKey to Outlook --> Ctrl + 1
COMException --> Send HotKey to Outlook --> F9

Thx

The strange thing about this error is that the move message works without problems for a while (using the parameters as you describe “Inbox\Processed folder”, my process also worked well without the try catch), but suddenly the error comes up. I believe it has something to do with the actions of other users of the shared folder that is in scope.

Hi,

Are you facing this error while moving mail from one folder to another folder?

Regards,
Abisha

Not when the automation moves the files. That works perfectly. A couple of scenarios allowed me to reproduce the error:

  1. Another user of shared inbox (or same user of machine where bot runs) manually moves an unread message from one shared folder to another (as long as that email fits the criteria of emails the automation is supposed to move)
  2. Another user (or same user of machine where bot runs) manually deletes an email that fits the criteria of emails the automation is supposed to move)

After a couple more hours of testing with the exception handling i shared earlier, the error returned once more. Earlier today i saw the bot recover from error with the original Argument Exception sequence, but as of right now, even that action didnt suffice. I just added a “Close application” and then “open application” for outlook to the Argument exceptions sequence, and the bot is again recovering without problems. This has been quite a tricky issue to diagnose.

1 Like