SFTP and FTP Activity Working

There are lots of posts on the forums regarding FTP/SFTP activity, but I’ve discovered as of the time of this posting, the official FTP activity does not work for me. However, The UiPath Go! Activity does work so long as you’re using 1.0.7+. The Go activity is published by UiPath as well. I’m not sure why the official FTP package does not work, but if you need to use FTP/SFTP, then download the Go activity.

What is strange is, I don’t see the activity in Go when I search. I’ve only been able to get to it from studio.

1 Like

Hi @chaz.jenkins

Thank you for your post. We are looking into this situation and we’ll come back with an update soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @loginerror,

Could you please provide us any update regarding the ‘with ftp session’ activity. I can see the activity in the studio but when am using them in project they are not working and I am using 2019.6.0 version studio.

Thanks&Regards,
Soundarya.

Hi @soundarya

What problems are you experiencing in regards to the FTP activity package?

I would first suggest you to also update to the latest Studio version 2019.8.0.

@soundarya Are you using the UiPath Go activity mentioned in the screenshot above? Do not use the FTP activity under the Official category.

1 Like

Hello @loginerror,

Thank you for the reply.

But in Uipath activity doc i can see the activity is deprecated which means will this activity not be available for further versions and can we use it in our current project. In case if the activity is used in our workflow will it not be supported by Uipath? Because eventually i think uipath is going remove this activity?

Thanks&Regards,
Soundarya.

hello @chaz.jenkins,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I am using the activity which is available in GO!.

Thanks,
Soundarya

oundarya

Hi @soundarya

You should not worry about the package, it will continue to be available. We’ll iron out any discrepancies to reflect that.

In short, the package is one of the community github available ones, but with UiPath still controlling the changes and the QA process :slight_smile:
See the github here, feel free to contribute as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like