Setting the File Path in Select File Activity

Hi All,

I am trying to set the file path once and use it later in every read range workbook file path field. Because if user selects different file Path so it must change the path in every process accordingly.

In the select file activity I have created the String Variable filePath and set at under Output SelectedFile field box and want to use under every read range activity.

Thanks,

So you already have a variable which has the stored path string. That string can be set as arguments to other workflows and places you invoke workflows you can provide the SelectedFilePath.

Read range activity can then use this SelectedFilePath with or without custom range values.

1 Like

Hi @Dr_Raza_Abidi_PhD ,

I think you could store the file path in config xls so it will act like global variable we can use it anywhere in our process. Whenever we want to change we no need to go inside work flow we can directly change in the config xls itself.

We can read the values from config with sample expression below.

Config(“YoueexcelFilePath”). tostring

You can use the expression directly in the each read range activity you are using.

If you want to use it invoke work flows you have to create config argument same it is available in init. Thanks.

@jeevith : Thanks a lot. Issue resolved now.

@kirankumar.mahanthi1 : Thanks for your swift response.

Kind regards,

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.