Set text pastes multiple paragraphs as one line in text box

i have got to pull information from a cell in excel and paste it to a text box in a website . The information in the cell is in a paragraph format but when it gets pasted it becomes a string. How can i paste the data in para format in the text box using Set text .Is there any VB OR C# code which i can use? If this can be done we will be able to save close to 2hrs a day

Do you have an example of the text string being pasted, maybe try log it first in UiPath also as it will show if there are new lines etc.

here is a sample of the string .:

"Payment: On or before 1st day of each calendar month during the Lease Term.

Proration: Term shall be prorated based on a 30 day month.

Rent Abatement: TT shall not be required to pay to LL any Basic Rent for the Premises

Prepaid Rent: The first monthly installment (for Basic Rent and Additional Rent) in the amount of $1/month shall be due and payable upon execution of the Lease.

"
it gets pasted correctly in the text box if done manually but not using set text or type into .

Is that is what is logged in UiPath output?

There are new lines so you may need to amend the code in order to ensure the new lines are there when entering into the text box.

e.g. "Payment: On or before 1st day of each calendar month during the Lease Term./r/n
/r/n
Proration: Term shall be prorated based on a 30 day month./r/n
/r/n
Rent Abatement: TT shall not be required to pay to LL any Basic Rent for the Premises/r/n
/r/n
Prepaid Rent: The first monthly installment (for Basic Rent and Additional Rent) in the amount of $1/month shall be due and payable upon execution of the Lease./r/n

"

Yes ,this is the UIPATH output as well .but only while pasting the format changes to one string .
we have close to thousand cells that have different paragraphs ,each of which has to be looped into. so trying to add the /r/n would be difficult . Isn’t there a code that retains the format ?

Do you have an example of the excel file?
I can then have a look at a solution for you :slight_smile:

Hi,

I too have the similar issue using the Set text or Type into activity - did you find any solution to it.

Please reply.

Try copy and paste activity…