Set of Queue items should be redirected to a specific Robot

I will push multiple records which has CaseID as a field into the queue with add queue item activity. But while processing the record using get transaction Item I want all the transactions which starts with CaseID 100 to be processed by the same Robot . Can you please let me know how this can be achieved.

Hi @niteesh2004,

So before pushing into queue you know this are input bot need to do specific bot others inputs need to do other bots. while pushing into queue itself you split it push it into different queue and configure the bots.

Regards,
Arivu

No arivu If that is the case I will end up creating too many queues

@niteesh2004, Only way is to split the data that has Case Id starting with 100 , then load those entire data in a single queue item.

Regards,
Dominic :slight_smile:

Hi @Dominic Sir,

Me to said the same thing but he is asking after fetching the data from queue can assign to specific bot.

@niteesh2004

Regards,
Arivu

@arivu96 bro, I knew it but I said that would be the only way to do it from get transaction item.

Regards,
Dominic :slight_smile:

Not possible without querying the queue through api calls, basically circumventing current queueing.
Orchestrator queues work as FIFO (with priority and possible postpone, but its still based on FIFO).

Not really possible. Think about what you are asking. “While processing the record using get transaction item”…that implies that an Automation has now already been started, so a Robot is already running it, it then executes GetTransactionItem, which means that Robot the process is running under has now pulled the Transaction Item off of the Queue. As others of have stated, you would need to create different unique Queues to place the Transactions that have “CaseID = 100” into a seperate distinct Queue in order to be process by the desired Robot.
You rejected this solution stating that it would create too many queues, why did you state that? Creation of Queues really do not cost you anything, so not sure why you are opposed to that…?

@rstaylor62
Technically, you can force queue items to run in a certain order or on certain robots, et cetera. You would need to use the Get Queue Items to store the list of items and match the TransactionItem with the filtered list of queue items to see if it is contained in that list; if it not in the list, then postpone the item and get another transaction item.

Anyway, I’m needing to alternate items, so I’m brainstorming some ways to accomplish this sort of thing. The reason you need to alternate items is because in business, you may have multiple users needing the same process completed for their own list of items. So, instead of creating a backlog where they must wait in line, it would be ideal to disperse evenly the items as they are processed, rather than in the order that you add them into the Queue.

So any other ideas to alternate or change the order of the queue items, would be helpful too.

Regards

Or, it would be nice to have the ability to associate or link a Queue to a specific Robot or even Job (given Jobs can be define to be run by a particular Robot), so that when an Item is dropped on the Queue, it triggers the Job and therefore is processed by the required Robot.

As for “So, instead of creating a backlog where they must wait in line, it would be ideal to disperse evenly the items as they are processed, rather than in the order that you add them into the Queue.” it would be nice for the “Get Transaction Item” to be already to retrieve a specific item versus pulling in order. That is what the new Reference and “FilterStrategy” allow - to pull or get a Transaction Item based on the value in the Reference field.

1 Like