SENDING THE ENCRYPTED MAIL MESSAGES USING OUTLOOK MAILS TO A USER?

Hi Team,

So one of the module in my project is to send an ENCRYPTED MAIL MESSAGE to the user with the setting of (Encrypt > “Set permissions to this item”). Please find the steps that needs to be done.

Following are the steps that are taken when we do it manually:-

1. Create a new mail to be sent:-

2. Click on “Options”

3. Click on “Encrypt” option

4. Click on “Encrypt-Only” option

5. Write any text message to be sent

Finally click on “Send” button to send this mail to the user.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER I PERFORM THESE ACTIONS???

Following will happen:-
6. User will get this mail:-

1. When user will open this mail, he will see this:-

2. User will have to click on “Sign in with a One-time passcode”

3. User will soon get the new mail with the One-time Passcode (done by microsoft properties which will happen automatically)

4. User will have to copy this One-time passcode:-

5. User will have to copy this One-time passcode as shown in the below field:-

6. After writing this passcode into the given field, user can see the encrypted mail message:-

I hope my module is preety clear as I had already shared the steps and images.

PROBLEM STATEMENT

NOTE:- RPA ONLY HAS TO CARE ABOUT FIRST 5 STEPS, REST WILL BE TAKEN CARE BY MICROSOFT ONE-time PASSCODE PROPERTIES AND USER ENTRIES.

Following are the points that I want to highlight:-

1. I dont need to use text encryption activities in my case as Decryption is done by the user and OTP is sent to them.

2. I only want to perform the first 5 steps in the way where MAIL BODY STRING is sent after making sure the setting (Encrypt > “Set permissions to this item”) is performed.

**NOTE:- We dont need to do the automation using the UI automation. I was just wondering if we could use UIPATH activities directly to do the same in the background, or use some custom activities which are available in the market. **

Please help @Palaniyappan, @KarthikByggari, @HareeshMR

Thanks and Regards,
hacky

@Palaniyappan, @Lahiru.Fernando, @loginerror

Please help.

1 Like

@Palaniyappan, @ovi, @badita,

Please help…

1 Like

Hi

May I know why we don’t need this buddy
And moreover as it more invoked with UI we will be in need to get to the UI Automation with normal CLICK or SEND HOT KEY activity which can even run in background
Will that be fine for you
Cheers @hacky

@Palaniyappan

Thanks very much for your inputs…

1. I dont want to use text encryption, because when I used the text encryption and send the encrypted text to user then how will user decrypt it? Also, if you see in the steps, STEP 4 is very important in order to have “Read the message” button(as shown in STEP 7), which will provide user with the One-time passcode.

2. Ui Automation is not required as our process shall be running with or without Outlook or any interface installed and signed up with the generic account into the Outlook.

3. Also, as I was exploring the UiPath Connect and UiPath Go, I could find the outlook activities which included outlook’s calendar related activities and also the “send meeting invites” activities, but the “Encrypt-Only” setting provision(which is far more important and obvious requirement) is not at all available, I have been searching something related for past 3-4 days.

Can you please give your valuable inputs in this regards?

Regards,
@hacky

1 Like

Hi @hacky

I don’t think this is currently implemented. I’ll move your idea to User Voice|Activities category for it to be considered for the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

@loginerror

Thank you very much for your prompt response!!

Really looking forward to see more of it!

Regards,
@hacky

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.

1 Like

I am also looking same activity in uipath library

Hi @hacky

An update.

The API for Outlook or Exchange does not offer support for dealing with encrypted emails.

What can be done is to check the option “Encrypt contents …” that is available in Outlook Options / Trust Center / Email Security and let the Outlook do the encryption for you.