Send SMTP Mail message activity throws error "Send SMTP Mail Message - Business : An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" while running the workflow in UiPath Studio version 2018.2
The most probable cause of the issue : UiPath exes are being blocked by company policies or Anti-virus on the robot machine.
We noticed this with anti-virus McFee and followed below steps to add process exclusions in Access Protection Port Blocking rules in McAfee:
1. Click Start, All Programs, McAfee, VirusScan Console.
2. Double-click Access Protection.
3. Select the appropriate Port Blocking rule and click Edit.
Example: Anti-virus Standard Protection, Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail
4. Add the appropriate process name (see list below) to the list of Excluded Processes.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that there are no spaces before the commas separating process names.
Example: ,outlook.exe, msimn.exe,
5. Click OK until the Access Protection Properties window is closed.
6. Exit VirusScan Console.
We recommend to unblock all the exes of UiPath. You can find the list of exes in installation folder. Default installation folder location is : C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio Click here to review the document for additional details.
Versions: 2018.2 and above