Send SMTP mail message gets an invalid certificate error after updating to Mail activity 1.1.6562.21018

I’ll upload the activity pack later this evening from my home computer. I can’t do it from work. With 2018.1 they make it quite a bit easier to roll back to previous versions of the package, so I can roll back & then upload the necessary activities.

@Gabriel_Tatu - I attached a picture of the properties pane of the activity that DOES work in 2017.1 and mail version 1.1.6479.13205. Once I update to the mail activities pack (1.1.6562.21018) it no longer works, throwing the error I posted in the OP. Note that this is an internal company smtp server

Gmail? This is weird…

yes…@gabriel_tatu for Gmail…
@Dave …Do share the activity pack once home… earlier this config use to work perfectly…now it has become an issue…

Its working fine for me, weird. Can you try 587 instead of 465? Again, both are working fine for me

Can you also copy paste the whole exception thrown by studio? There is a copy to clipboard option inside it. Thanks!

This isn’t the same version I"m using at work, as that isn’t available in the package list for whatever reason. However, this is the 2nd most recent mail activities package, so hopefully it will work.

You’ll also need the MimeKit 1.2.7.0 but that is too large to upload here. Let me know if needed and I can upload to some other site and link it here

UiPath.Mail.Activities.1.1.6382.14550.zip (139.2 KB)MailKit.1.2.7.0.zip (2.9 MB)

Hi guys,

your answers are very helpful, thanks. It works pretty good with old version of mail package, but…

…is there any chance to make the latest mail package working with the latest UiPath?

Can you try changing de port to 587 if you were not doing it already?

I am sorry, but it doesn’t work. Still the same error.

test123123 has thrown an exception

Source: Send SMTP Mail Message

Message: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Exception Type: AuthenticationException

System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

ok, we are looking into it.

2 Likes

HI All, I found an easiest way to solve this. Just go to the package explorer, click on Available, select Mail library and in the menu on right side you can do a “downgrade” of it. In my case i had 1.1.65xxx and with 1.1.63xxx it worked.

Greetings

1 Like

Edgardio, thank you for post.

As I said I would like to use the latest version of package.

Cheers

1 Like

Even though I downgraded to several versions, its still not working. the port i tried 465, 587, 995, 993. Please assist me in solving this error.

Are you using gmail? If so,make sure it is enabled for your account Enabling Gmail for Email Activities

Those same steps should be done regardless of the email service you’re using. You need to be sure that SMTP is enabled.

If you’re using your own internal email, try leaving it blank. That’s what I do at my company

did it ever worked?

I was trying for the first time. now after following the suggestions from Dave, I am getting results.

1 Like

Thanks Dave, Its working now. Appreciate your suggestions.

It’s not working … getting error

If you are using Antivirus, please make sure to disable the “Email Shield” (If you are using AVG Antivirus)

1 Like

hi there! Any solution to this problem? Almost everyday I have to desintall and reinstall the package and work again but doing that everytime is getting bored.