Send SMS

Can anyone guide me how to send SMS from a workflow in uipath studio?

Thanks in advance

Hi @lata_rpa,

What is your requirement?
sms?? mail or what

regards,
gulshiyaa

i already finished the email and WhatsApp part. Now my requirement is to send SMS to list of subscriber phone numbers stored in an excel.

Thanks for responding

@lata_rpa

Use below activity to send SMS from Robot.

1 Like

Thanks. I will try from the link provided by you.

1 Like

@lakshman I am unable to register on Twilio website for recieving the Account SID and Auth Token required for SMS activity. After entering the sign up detaIls in https://www.twilio.com/try-twilio webpage, , I am getting webpage not found error.

Please guide me how to proceed with twilio.

Please tell me how to send whatsup messages

@lata_rpa

You can use TextLocal also to send messages. Please check below thread and follow step by step.

2 Likes

open browser (my suggestion is to use chrome) , and type the below website
https://web.whatsapp.com and in the URL itself append the string “send phone=(phone no. with coutrycode)&text=(text you want to send)” for sendin message to single no.
and if you want send bulk message then store it in a datatable and iterate it in loop.

which activity to be used

@Lakshman thanks. I tried TextLocal and followed the steps mentioned in the link provided by you. I am getting failure message as I think there is a restriction that I can send messages only between 9 a,.m to 9 p.m.
I will test tomorrow and let you know the status

Once again thanks for your quick response

1 Like

Open the browser and use type into activity to enter web URL alongwith phone no. and text message. Then use send hot key for “enter” key.

Hi @lata_rpa,
There’s a time restriction in TextLocal. You can remove the restriction by contacting TextLocal team. The restriction may not be there with the paid plans.
Happy Automation.

@shankm @lakshman Thanks for your support. I am able to send SMS using TextLocal. Really appreciate your effort in helping me resolve the issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.