Send Hotkey on remote server - using Abbyy

Hi ALL

I am developing code on local pc to run Abbyy finereader on the remote server, the remote server only has uirobot, which means my workflow only works when I publish it.

Step 1 : start process to start abbyy, it works good,

Step 2.

One tab to “Open PDF document”, then “enter” to open it, but this part never works and I didnt get the reason.

I also tried others, e.g. open the file explorer, enter the folder address, then enter, which will open that folder I need, but the enter cannot work as enter (with send hotkey) but instead write the enter into the address bar.

Like this:

Any idea how to make enter hotkey works??

Thanks

HI @jingwang0222
Buddy we need to indicate the screen that is the element where we want to perform this hotkeys, so click on this and select the window screen where you want to send the hotkeys

then while typing the path in file explorer you must be using type into activity
in type into activity we will be having an option called + at the right corner of text field in that activity
once after passing the text of file path in that activity click that + and choose enter you will be getting [k(enter)] next to your file path
make sure you have enabled sendwindowmessage property in type into activity and disabled simulate type property …the reason is if we have enable simulate type property in type into activity it will type as enter rather not enter key
and also enable the other properties like clickbefore typing and emptyfield property as well
we dont need send hot key with key enter to press enter after typing and we can do that in type into activity itself
kindly try this and let know buddy
Cheers @jingwang0222

Hi BUDDY

Thanks for your advice

For Type Into:

I didn’t get where the enter is for type into activity, but other options setting as you said works.

I use this part to open the folder address and select all files, then right click (shift + f10) to select “use abbyy convert to excel”. it works until right click, all files selected, but the hotkey shift + f10 cannot work. Any idea how to improve this?

For send hotkeys, my code need to run on the remote server as a package in the uirobot, and the indicate on screen works on my local pc, but don’t work on the remote server, that’s why I cannot use indicate on screen.

Thanks

Hi I tried the indicate on scree, and changed the app name, but it got error of this.
The selector may still need to change?

Hi I solved the problem.

For Shift + f10

For tab and enter

Thanks for your advice again!

But I still didn’t get what you said, in the options where the key enter is?

“type into activity we will be having an option called + at the right corner of text field in that activity
once after passing the text of file path in that activity click that + and choose enter you will be getting [k(enter)] next to your file path”

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jingwang0222
Thats fantastic
so this is what i meant buddy, on pressing this you can make use of hot keys as well, but make sure you dont enable the property simulate type in type into activity, as it will type the keyword as a string instead of performing with that key been mentioned
in that case we can use sendwindowmessage property and other two highlighted property as well

Hope this would help you
Cheers @jingwang0222

1 Like

So were you able to get now buddy… still any issues… @jingwang0222

lol All good now, thanks!

1 Like

Cheers @jingwang0222

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.