SELECTOR WILDCARD DOUBT

I having type into activity - each time the type into activity filed aaname is changing like below:

aaname = 1 postcode
2 Postal Code
3 Pin Code

How to select this aa name dynamic anyone help pls

Hi @BHUVAN,

You can try providing other selectors that remain constant each time instead of using aaname and provide aaname as * in the selector.

Regards.

In this aaname type into field inside the table of content - every loop iteration the type into field position is changing that’s why I need aa name

Hi @BHUVAN,

If it changing to only the 3 that you mentioned above then you can give the aaname selector as “*Code” and try if it works out.

Regards.

Hi @BHUVAN ,

By looking at your scenario, the word code seems to be constant. You can try wildcarding either side of code and making it non-case-sensitive:

<webctrl aaname='*code*' casesensitive:aaname='false' />

1 Like

1 postcode
2 Postal Code
3 Pin Code
You see the first aa name like small ‘c’ if i use as you mentioned aaname=“*Code”- i am getting error.
Is there any other possible to rectify it

@vishal.kp
1postcode
2 Postal Code
3 Pin Code

You see first postcode ‘c’ is small i am getting error how to rectify it you say mention case sensitive = false means i am not getting error wright.

1 Like

@BHUVAN ,

Can you try the above-mentioned selector and validate it. I believe it should satisfy all your 3 cases.

It would be great if you can share a screenshot of your selector window. :slight_smile:

@BHUVAN ,can you share the default selector too? to compare

@BHUVAN , looking at both selectors, the property ‘aria-role’ is not present in the second selector. Can you remove that property and give it a try?

@vishal.kp now it’s working fine thanks a lot bro​:blush::sparkles:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.