Selector not working

Hi,

I have a problem in using a selector. I’m trying to create a process which will take 2 fields from an box in an web page. Using UIExplorer I find out that the box identification it is something like this:

this is common for both fields I want to read.

and the elements I want to retrieve are:
html app=‘firefox.exe’ title=‘DeskPRO Agent Interface’ /
webctrl parentid=‘dp_rs00tbgm_ng_attach’ tag=‘ARTICLE’ idx=‘5’ /
webctrl aaname=’#1001981355’ parentid=‘dp_rs00tbgm_ng_attach’ tag=‘SPAN’ class=‘obj-id’ /

and
webctrl aaname=’#1001981355’ parentid=‘dp_rs00tbgm_ng_attach’ tag=‘SPAN’ class=‘email’ /

Because I want to extract the elements no matter on which part of the box I click I tried to use the selector:
but it is not working.

If I’m using the selector:
webctrl aaname=’#1001981355’ parentid=‘dp_rs00tbgm_ng_attach’ tag=‘SPAN’ class=‘obj-id’ /
everything works perfect (of course the trigger is working only on click on this field). As soon as I add to this selector the part:
webctrl parentid=‘dp_rs00tbgm_ng_attach’ tag=‘ARTICLE’ idx=‘5’ / it is stop working.

I’m not using the selectors as I showed you. I’m replacing the numbers with “*” in order to be fired when I click in any box.
Please can you tell me what I’m missing or what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,
Andrei

I think this thread topic is similar to your issue, see if anything helps.

Thanks vvaidya.

Yes I read that idx is added by UiPath add-on from the browser. Unfortunately I cannot find anything else which unique identify my information (other then idx).

I\ll keep looking.

what do you have to achive with those selectors? Is it a click event ?

Not just a click event. The user is working on a web page, When the user is click on a ticket I want to read *with UIPath) the ticket id and the email from the originator of the ticket id. Unfortunately the tickets are showed as a list without any differentiation, in terms of UI Element.

Try using tag = ‘*’ idx = ‘*’ in your selector.
Also, see if tag = ‘SPAN’ is common in the selectors of all the elements you want to click. If so, you can keep it as it is.
Hope this helps!

I too have faced such a scenario once.
I tried scraping the data using NATIVE method - scrape specific region and it worked for me.

P.S : The ticket I had to capture had a specific length (8 numbers) and I had to always pick up the most recent created ticket (end of the table). If you find a way around for the ticket capturing, it can be achieved with any of the data scraping methods.

Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

What is NATIVE method?

Go through the academy training :slight_smile: or these UiPath Training Materials