Selector not working

Hi,

I have a problem in using a selector. I’m trying to create a process which will take 2 fields from an box in an web page. Using UIExplorer I find out that the box identification it is something like this:

this is common for both fields I want to read.

and the elements I want to retrieve are:
html app=‘firefox.exe’ title=‘DeskPRO Agent Interface’ /
webctrl parentid=‘dp_rs00tbgm_ng_attach’ tag=‘ARTICLE’ idx=‘5’ /
webctrl aaname=’#1001981355’ parentid=‘dp_rs00tbgm_ng_attach’ tag=‘SPAN’ class=‘obj-id’ /

and
webctrl aaname=’#1001981355’ parentid=‘dp_rs00tbgm_ng_attach’ tag=‘SPAN’ class=‘email’ /

Because I want to extract the elements no matter on which part of the box I click I tried to use the selector:
but it is not working.

If I’m using the selector:
webctrl aaname=’#1001981355’ parentid=‘dp_rs00tbgm_ng_attach’ tag=‘SPAN’ class=‘obj-id’ /
everything works perfect (of course the trigger is working only on click on this field). As soon as I add to this selector the part:
webctrl parentid=‘dp_rs00tbgm_ng_attach’ tag=‘ARTICLE’ idx=‘5’ / it is stop working.

I’m not using the selectors as I showed you. I’m replacing the numbers with “*” in order to be fired when I click in any box.
Please can you tell me what I’m missing or what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,
Andrei

I think this thread topic is similar to your issue, see if anything helps.

Thanks vvaidya.

Yes I read that idx is added by UiPath add-on from the browser. Unfortunately I cannot find anything else which unique identify my information (other then idx).

I\ll keep looking.

what do you have to achive with those selectors? Is it a click event ?

Not just a click event. The user is working on a web page, When the user is click on a ticket I want to read *with UIPath) the ticket id and the email from the originator of the ticket id. Unfortunately the tickets are showed as a list without any differentiation, in terms of UI Element.

Try using tag = ‘*’ idx = ‘*’ in your selector.
Also, see if tag = ‘SPAN’ is common in the selectors of all the elements you want to click. If so, you can keep it as it is.
Hope this helps!

I too have faced such a scenario once.
I tried scraping the data using NATIVE method - scrape specific region and it worked for me.

P.S : The ticket I had to capture had a specific length (8 numbers) and I had to always pick up the most recent created ticket (end of the table). If you find a way around for the ticket capturing, it can be achieved with any of the data scraping methods.

Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

What is NATIVE method?

Go through the academy training :slight_smile: or these UiPath Training Materials

I’m also having the same selector issue but one thing is surprising for me…because when I was running the same project on another machine the robot was running properly so what was the issue please help me.

My issue was that the selector was not unique without using the idx. You cannot use the idx because it is changing so again your selector is not unique.