Selector Not Found exception after extracting PDF pages

selector

#1

Scenario: I’m creating a workflow that extracts a page from a pdf document after searching for a term in the document. After the term is found, the current page that it is on is extracted. After the page is extracted, I open the “Save As” dialog box to get text from the Filename box (normally “pages from…”) so I can manipulate the current filename and then save the file.

When it gets to the Get Text activity, the Bot fails with a Selector Not Found exception.

Here’s the weird thing. If I remove the extraction activities from the workflow and link my start node to the manipulating filename activity, the Get Text activity runs fine. So my guess is that the page extraction activity is causing an issue for the manipulating filename activity. I probably have the wrong selector, but I’m pretty sure I’ve removed all of the variable components.

Get Text Selector:
wnd app=‘acrobat.exe’ cls=’#32770’ title='Save As’
wnd aaname=‘Explorer Pane’ cls='DirectUIHWND’
wnd aaname=‘File name:’ cls='ComboBox’
wnd ctrlid=‘1001’ aaname=‘File name:’ cls='Edit’
ctrl name=‘File name:’ role=‘editable text’

Workflow is in 2 phases:

Phase 1 Extraction activities: Search the document for the term and extract the page from the document.
Phase 2 Manipulating filename: In the new pdf of the extracted page, open the Save As dialog box and get text from the Filename box.

Current Behavior: Timed out with Selector Not Found exception

Expected Behavior: Get text from Filename box

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: Studio 2017.1.6435

Last stable behavior:
Last stable version:
OS Version: Windows 7
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):