Selector issue in web application

Hi,

I have a problem in using a selector in get text activity. I am trying to get the task end date from a dynamic table in people soft finance application. I need to get the task end date from end date column for 1st row. the position of that date is changing for each resource so i am unable to use clipping region.

I tried writing the below selector that has class and id details. However, while running the code, i am getting syntax error. :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

html tag=‘TABLE’ CLASS=‘PSLEVEL1GRID’ /
html tag=‘body’ /
html tag=‘tr’ CLASS=‘trTM_RM_ALOC_VW$0_row1’ /
html tag=‘td’ CLASS=‘PSLEVEL1GRIDODDROW’ /
html tag=‘div’ ID=‘win0divTM_RM_ALOC_VW_END_DT$0’ /
html tag=‘SPAN’ CLASS=‘PSEDITBOX_DISPONLY’ ID=‘TM_RM_ALOC_VW_END_DT$0’ /

Please help in solving this issue.

Hi @aksh1yadav, kindly help me in the above issue.

Will you please post the slector with proper formation and editing because it is confusing me.

Hi @Deepika_Vatsavayi,

Try to get tr value alone.

use first 3 lines of the selector use get text activity.

Regards,
Arivu

Hi @arivu96,

Used get text activity and omitted the extra lines.

HI @Deepika_Vatsavayi,

Try to use like this

<html  title='*'/>
<webctrl tag='TABLE' CLASS='PSLEVEL1GRID' />
<webctrl tag='body' />
<webctrl tag='tr' CLASS='trTM_RM_ALOC_VW$0_row1' />
<webctrl tag='td' CLASS='PSLEVEL1GRIDODDROW' />
<webctrl tag='div' ID='win0divTM_RM_ALOC_VW_END_DT$0' />
<webctrl tag='SPAN' CLASS='PSEDITBOX_DISPONLY' ID='TM_RM_ALOC_VW_END_DT$0' />

or
<html title='*'/> <webctrl tag='TABLE' CLASS='PSLEVEL1GRID' /> <webctrl tag='tr' CLASS='trTM_RM_ALOC_VW$0_row1' /> <webctrl tag='td' CLASS='PSLEVEL1GRIDODDROW' /> <webctrl tag='div' ID='win0divTM_RM_ALOC_VW_END_DT$0' /> <webctrl tag='SPAN' CLASS='PSEDITBOX_DISPONLY' ID='TM_RM_ALOC_VW_END_DT$0' />

Regards,
Arivu

Hi @arivu96,

It isn’t working :frowning:

Getting error Get Text 'editable text' : Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: <html title='*' /><webctrl tag='TABLE' CLASS='PSLEVEL1GRID' /><webctrl tag='body' /><webctrl tag='tr' CLASS='trTM_RM_ALOC_VW$0_row1' /><webctrl tag='td' CLASS='PSLEVEL1GRIDODDROW' /><webctrl tag='div' ID='win0divTM_RM_ALOC_VW_END_DT$0' /><webctrl tag='SPAN' CLASS='PSEDITBOX_DISPONLY' ID='TM_RM_ALOC_VW_END_DT$0' />

Try removing lines from selector from the bottom to see which nesting level fails, while comparing with UiExplorer to see what differs.

Sidenote - please unmark the solution if it doesnt work.

Hi @arivu96 ,

After doing slight change to html title it worked perfectly. :smile:

Thanks,
Deepika