Selector is not working in the Remote desktop

I have a situation that I have a Remote Azure Virtual desktop. Inside I have an application. when I try to perform a click activity (not only this one. mainly selector) inside it. I can not get a selector. It is selecting the complete application. Here i have attached the remote application screenshot.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Hi Bala,

I assume the application is running on external machine / desktop so you won’t get the selector unless you install remote runtime on the application machine. We have same issue when using a third party application.

If it is not possible to install on the target machine you will have to use click image activities because the the bot can only get the selector of the window / application but not the selectors of elements or icons within the application. Native Citrix Recorder helps to create good image selectors.

1 Like

Hi @nicortak,

Thank you for your response. I have installed the Microsoft remote runtime application. But it is not working. It is working well in the normal Remote Desktop Connection(which I have attached a screenshot of for the addIns). But when try with this one.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Hi Bala,

if the application is running on the machine where you have installed the plugin, I can’t help as I assumed that application is running on another machine. What is the selector you are getting in UiExplorer when selecting an element within the application?

1 Like

Hi @nicortak ,

I have installed the UiPath Remote Runtime in the remote machine.

This is the selector that I have in the selector. I can not able to paste the selector. I don’t know y.

Regards
Balamurugan.S