I am building an automation and I am using the seelctor shown below
<wnd app='menu.exe' ctrlname='SOPOrderDetails' aastate='focusable' />
During the process, pop-up windows can occur which require extra handling, which I have added handling by using Pick branches. During the times with pop-ups. The app state changes to the following.
<wnd app='menu.exe' ctrlname='SOPOrderDetails' aastate='unavailable, focusable' />
My problem is that my current selector still sees that aastate as valid even though it is different. How can I stop my selector from being greedy and only use windows exclusively with the focusable element and to not return a match when other aastate properties are present, like unavailable
It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.
First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.
You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:
Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the icon for that.
Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.
Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.
Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:
Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.
Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.
Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.
Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!
Cheers from your friendly
I was able to self-resolve this issue. After looking at the whole process at large, I found that the selector was able to attach the unavailable window as it was still contained in a previous Use Application state, so when trying to re-attach, it was acting greedy as the previous attach was still in effect. Moving the activity out of the previous attach and into a new Use Application instance resolved this problem.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.