SelectItem stopped working

Dear Forum,

When I save a PDF into a Sharepoint path, Acrobat Reader presents me with a form for the required Sharepoint metadata

I selected the months from the drop-down list using a SelectItem activitiy:

This worked fine for almost two years and now the Selector isn’t valid anymore. I suspect an Acrobat Reader Update which is something I cannot refuse.
I therefore tried to recreate the Selector which makes the Selector validate successfully but when I then try to run the activity, you can see it scrolling through the drop-down without selecting anything. This happens even when I disregard the date variable and select a month from the drop-down in Studio
I played around with delay before / after / wait for ready parametere - nothing seems to help.

I now tried to replace the SelectItem activity with two click activities. One to open the drop-down and one to select the actual month. While the first click works fine, I can’t seem to select something from the dropp-down itself:
So I tried switching the Framework from Default to UIA and I can select an entry from the list:

But the Selector does not contain a trace of the month I’ve just selected:

So I repeated this in UI Explorer to see what I can get:

And now I’m lost. Can it be that Acobat Reader hides the drop-down elements from the Selector? Could that be a security setting? Am I missing something?

I’m using Studio 21.10.5 and the Acrobat Reader is DC 2022.001.20117.
Thanks a lot for your ideas.

Alexander

Hey @alexander.heilig

Could you please first show the selector which you have updated for the Select item which was validating but not selecting the choice !

Thanks
#nK

Hi Nithin,

sure. Here it is:

I also noticed that the drop down-box where you usually select the values from the menu only retrieves the first entry.

Kind regards
Alexander

Hey @alexander.heilig

Okay, so this is a desktop app.

Now, Could you please check in UiExplorer Visual Tree to see if it shows all the options of a dropdown ?

Thanks
#nK

I’m spying the combo box showing “January” in the screensot above.
UI Framework Default

UI Framework UIA

Cheers
Alexander

1 Like

Okay looks like the options are not loaded unless the drop-down is opened.

So better to use two click activities to perform the same using two selectors - one for the drop-down & the other for the option.

Thanks
#nK

Yes it seems like that. What a shame, SelectItem is a super elegant solution.