Selecting Date from Calendar

hi… how to automate calendar in goibibo from excel input.

Hi, can you please provide the uipath sequence for selection of dates from calendar drop down by reading the dates from csv file?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jojo7,

The challenge is to get a generic selector nailed down for a calendar date. Once you have a generic selector expression you can read the date value from anywhere (such as a CSV file), convert it into a format that fits the generic selector and use it in your selector expression.

I will post this experience here so that it may help you (and others) to apply it on your end.

I’m working with Oracle RightNow CRM application. The date drop-downs are super annoying to work with. And the manual style of inputting dates as an alternative is by far the worst feature I’ve seen in my experience!

But I was able to resolve the selector by using UiPath Basic Recording feature. Sometimes, it helps to go back to the basics of UiPath Level 1 Training. :slight_smile:

NOTE: To eliminate confusion and complexity, disable the Use Anchor pop-up during the recording session. The resulting recording will be very simple.

Rest of the recording became quiet straight forward - the Basic recording was able to pick a random date by dropping down the calendar.

So, once the recording is saved, here are the generic selectors for the two steps

Step 1: Click on the Calendar Icon to drop-down the calendar

<wnd app='rightnow*exe' cls='HwndWrapper*' title='Search*' />
<ctrl automationid='FiltersGroupBox' />
<ctrl automationid='incidents.c$ship_date' idx='1' name='Date*shipped' role='client' />
<ctrl automationid='CalendarButton' />

Step 2: Pick a random Date value

<wnd app='rightnow*exe' cls='HwndWrapper*' idx='1' />
<ctrl automationid='DayButton_April132020' />

Note the following:

I’ve wild-carded the selectors using the “*” characters where necessary.

From Step 2, you can come up with a generic expression for the Date Selector. In this case, it is:

<ctrl automationid='DayButton_[Month_Name_Initial_Caps]DDYYYY' />

So, if your date from the CSV file is in the format 06262020, you’ll need to convert it into June262020 and use it in your selector expression.

Hope this helps.
Andy