Selecting an element using idx

Hi!

Okay I’ve been banging my head off a wall with this one all night. I’m trying to select an element within a chrome extension pop-up. I’m not having an issue interacting within the pop-up itself but I am having no luck with trying to select an element which is within a scrollable pane. I don’t want to have to hover/scroll as the list of elements is very large.

I’ve used the Ui Explorer to find the corresponding idx, in this example:

The idx range will be from 4 to 504 but only six are visible within the pop-op at any one time. Is it possible to select the item directly using the idx if it is not visible? How can I achieve this? Screenshots included and thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @808101909

Use For Each UI Element activity.

Regards

Thanks. I’m new to automation. Could you break this down into steps for me?

@808101909

Use for each uielement activity and use fuzzy selector

Please refer this

Hi @808101909

Regards

Screenshot 2024-02-09 142223

I’m returning this error. I assume it’s because it’s not interacting with the main chrome window and with the extension pop-up instead. Any ideas on how to handle it?

Hi @808101909

If you are getting this error.

Try using Find Children activity and run the For each loop for this output variable.

Regards

@808101909

Use get attribute activity in that try different Properties like AAname,“Innertext” and then use selectors to dynamically select element

thanks for this. It wasn’t quite what I was looking for but pointed me in the right direction. I ended up using a find element for “grouping” to update it to include an index variable and then output the ui element, then used mouse scroll to element, set to instant to take me directly to the correct element.

I’m sure there’s a better way to do it but I don’t have to use the for each in this scenario :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.