Select todays excel file from specific location uipath

Hello Guys , I’m trying to get the most recent excel file in a specific folder .
i tried using the Method " Out_filepath = Directory.GetFiles(“yourFolderPath”,“*.xlsx”,SearchOption.AllDirectories).OrderByDescending(Function(d) New FileInfo(d).CreationTime).Take(1) ) "in Excel Application Scope File path but it gave me error .
any advice ?

Hi @Abx9 ,

What is the error message you are getting.

Try with below expression and let us know. Thanks.

str_filepath = Directory.GetFiles(yourfolder_path,“*.xlsx”).OrderByDescending(Function(d) New FileInfo(d).CreationTime).Tolist(0)

1 Like

it gave an error the “str_filepath” is not declared and couldn’t reach because of security permition

Hi @Abx9 ,

Could you pls create variable str_filepath as string type.

With the above expression you will get latest xlsx file path into str_filepath

After that you could use this str_filepath in the excel application scope and try to open that file and let us know.

One more thing put this str_filepath in log message and see if you are getting latest excel file path. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Abx9

First create a directory variable with DirectoryInfo type ex directorylocation

directorylocation = new DirectoryInfo("your excel file directory")

Then you have to create a another array variable with FileInfo type. ex newly_created_files

newly_created_files = directorylocation.GetFiles(".xlsx").Where(function(file) file.LastWriteTime.Date=DateTime.Now.Date).OrderByDescending(function(d) d.LastWriteTimeUtc).ToArray

Today created files are stored in newly_created_files

Pass this array variable inside a for each activity incase if multiple excel files was created today

Or else

If you have single excel

Create a variable with Genericvalue Type ex MyExcelFile

MyexcelFile = newly_created_files(0).ToString

Hope it solves your issue

And update us whether you got your desired solution or not

Thanks
Robin

3 Likes

it gave an Error that 1-dimentionales Array of system Io not defined

please find the attached xaml file for more reference

TodaysNewestFileIinDirectory.xaml (9.9 KB)

Thanks,
Robin

2 Likes

thanks for the help

1 Like

Your welcome

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.