Secret name mapping with Azure KeyVault in Orchestrator

A random value should appear for the “Secret”, like this: Can you elaborate how can i see the secret name behind the vault.

@Sanjeev_Kumar

Can you describe more about you issue?

For more info you can check below

Hope this may help you

Thanks

@Srini84 we have integrated azure key vault with orchestrator , all the credentials are working and it is saving properly . Only problem is credentials name in secret name is encrypted/encoded.

and if i go to keyvault i am not able to see for which credentials are stored .

Did you ever end up getting any answer to this? I am running into the same issue

One way: you can go each secret and click show Secret values. It will show you the username and password. by looking that Username find the credential mapping.

We prefer to have one on one mapping of Credential vs Secret Key names in Excel until Uipath Creates the Secret key values with Asset Names.

I do not have Azure KeyVault to test with, but from the the screenshot in the referenced thread of the original post, it shows an External Name field. Is this not used?

Using CyberArk as a Credential Store, External Name is used to reference the Credential within the Safe and typically I’ll match the External Name to the Username or close to so you have context when viewing it directly in the CyberArk Safe.

For Azure Key Vault, as of 22.4, we have two credential store types:

• Azure Key Vault – a read-write plugin (secrets are created through Orchestrator)
  • Azure Key Vault (read-only) – a read-only plugin (you must provision the secrets in the vault directly)

For the first one, since secrets are created through Orchestrator, it is Orchestrator who generates a random key for each secret. The ExternalName you provide is not the one used as the AKV secret name. There is no easy way to map the key in AKV to a secret in Orchestrator, without direct access to the database.

For the second one, you first provision your secret in AKV, then use the secret’s name as the ExternalName of an asset (or robot password).

Thanks, i think this could work for our needs.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.