Search for exact match in Web application

Hi All,

I am working on a process which involves reading column1 and column2 from Excel.
Search for the the values in column1 in a web application and update the column2 values in a consecutive textbox.
I am trying to search with ctrl+f but it gives me multiple searcheswith similar names like name,name_1 and the first occurrence is not always the appropriate one.

I tried Anchor base with Find Element and type into but while looping it through the datatable ,it doesn’t search the element at all.

Can you suggest on how to select the exact match and go about typing the details in the textbox(column2 values)

1 Like

Hi @Abc_Xyz1,

I think you can create a rule with the help of tags inside the web application by reading html.

Regards,
MY

1 Like

can you tell me how to do it ?

1 Like

Any suggestions on this ?

1 Like

Hi @Abc_Xyz1,

Sorry for the late return. Go to Marketplace and download this package below and use it.

You can print the html-dt you read to an excel and filter the values. You can check if there are values ​​you are looking for among these values.

Regards,
MY

Thank you for the information.
Can you give step by step process. Because I don’t have much knowledge how should I be implementing this to get my desired result. and how would I update the values with column2 in the web application .

@Abc_Xyz1 Does it giving multiple searches even you manually search for that text in the application

Yes it does give multiple similar words.eg. name1,name,1_name etc… In which I should be able to select only name.

@Abc_Xyz1 Try to use Fuzzy Selectors and see how it goes. Using this we can tune the selectors to select the high similarity match and low similarity matches

This might work for a single word but I need to loop through a datatable and search each word in the web.
What should I do for that ?

Any suggestions would be helpful ?

@Abc_Xyz1 Why don’t you pass the aaname (word name that you want to click.This word getting from the data table) through the variable dynamically using dynamic selectors concept. So that it always looks for that word with the highest similarity by implementing fuzzy search

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.