Search activities box doesn't work

Scenario: A workflow is opened but the search activities box doesn’t allow typing to search.

Steps to reproduce:Open workflow

Current Behavior: Search activities box doesn’t allow typing

Expected Behavior: Should be able to type and search

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2018.4.3

Last stable behavior:
Last stable version:
OS Version: Windows Server 2008
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

1 Like

Hi @Will_Tyler

I believe this issue to be fixed in the upcoming releases. Does restarting Studio/machine fix the issue?

Neither restarting UiP nor doing a full system reboot fixes it. If we delete the project json file it returns until the dependencies are re-added.

I can recreate this behavior in Studio 2018.4.3 Enterprise Edition.
It occurs only when using the Activity UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities in version 19.3.0.
A downgrade to 19.2.0 resolves the error for me.

Activity Search with 19.3.0 shows a blank bar with no visible text.

Activity Search with 19.2.0 shows the full search bar with “Search activities”.

@Will_Tyler does this resolve your issue until the bug is fixed?

3 Likes

Please also test with the beta packages 2019.4.0. It might be already fixed in the incoming release of the activities.

Well, it appeared to fix the issue but I lost a ton of activities, including message box and “For each” among them. I had to delete my JSON file and then reinstall my packages and then ended up having to reinstall the current version to get all the activities in my project working.

I don’t have the authority to upgrade my program as it’s at the enterprise level.

For Each and Message Box are part of the UiPath.System.Activities package, so bringing it up to 19.4.0 just to test would be nice as well.

I believe the original problem is that some code causes white text on white background when Studio 2018.4 is used with the UiAutomation package 19.3.0. The solution will be to update the packages (both System and UiAutomation) to 19.4.0 when these are released really soon with the Enterprise 2019.4 release :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.