Search Acivities input not working

Hi, first I just want to say that the work you have done on UiPath Vision is just great. The new activities are a welcome addition. But I have a small problem with the Activiets-view after installing the UiPath.ComputerVission.Activities Prerelease-pacage. My problem is that the Search-function in the Activities view now is buggy. Among other things I can’t see the cursor when I’m typing, and sometimes the search is not working at all.

I have followed the installation instructions found here: AI Computer Vision is Now Available for Preview

Thank you.

@ripers,

Try to restart UiPath studio and see once

Hi lakshman and thank you for the quick reply. Restarting UiPath Studio solves the problem for a while, but the cursor as well as the search-term is not visible in the Search-input in the Activities view. Also after a while the search stops working again.

EDIT: Added screenshot. I have searched on “Sequence”, but as you can see the text is not visible.
SearchActivities

So two issues:

1. Can’t see the search text.
  2. Sometimes the search is not working.

I am also facing this issue and doing same.

@loginerror @ovi
please help me to resolve this issue.

Hi @ripers

Does restarting Studio fix the issue every time?
Do you think you can find out the exact moment it becomes broken afterwards? It would help for us to debug it.

Also, please provide your full version of Studio (help menu) and all activity packages (screenshot of the Package Manager).

I would advise you to simply reinstall Studio to try and fix the issue.

Thanks for reply @loginerror.

Restart of studio solves the problem every time. But I have also noticed that after a while search starts working again even tough I haven’t restarted. The search text is always invisible.

Here is the info you requested:

Studio 2018.4.3 - 01/21/2019
Enterprise Edition
Windows Installer

License Provider: Orchestrator
Device ID: 2lxOXDR9h427WZQLuCbb

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter 64-bit
.NET Framework Version 4.7.1

Doing a full reinstall is very feasible as this is an installation on a Windows 2012 server where I log on through Remote Desktop. But if you really think that a reinstall will help then we will look into it.

Thank you.

Could you try if it can be replicated on an empty project?

I am also not seeing the package UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities on your list. Could you install the newest version?

Ah, I was under the impression that I should remove that dependency before installing Computer Vision.

Which version should I install of UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities?

I have tried with the alpha-version, but still the same.

Again: thank you for your patience.

I tried now with version 19.2.0. I got a warning about some dependency conflicts but installed anyway, and it seems okay now. I will do some testing and report back here how it went.

EDIT: I think it is ok now, the problem seems to have been that I didn’t install version 19.2.0 of UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities… so an error on my part.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.