Screen scraping is not working for the latest community version 2019.2.0 after the update

Scenario: Screen scraping is not working as expected in latest studio version after update

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to Screen scraping option on the top side
  2. Open any PDF Document or image file or any website
  3. Scrape the data and check

Current Behavior:

Studio is not responding and need to restart the studio

Expected Behavior:

It should open another window with the scrapped data and methods available

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2019.2.0

Last stable behavior:2019.1.0
Last stable version:
OS Version: windows 7 & windows 10 (Screen scrapingImage

window is not displayed)
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

4 Likes

Yes I’m also facing same kind of issue…

Hi @kaluri @Nagaraj479

Could you try to update the UiAutomation and System activity packages and give it a try?

2 Likes

Hi @loginerror,

Thanks for the solution provided :+1::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

All my packages are up to date. I still experience this issue. I even tried uninstall & install again.

Hi @libinv,

Check the option of Include Prerelease. Search for the UiAutomation and System activity packages and Update. It will work :+1:

Pre-release also has the same versions (19.2.0). I did try them but it still crashes.

CloudApp

Pre-release has updated version of 19.3.0 beta release. Attached screenshot for your reference.

1 Like

I am unable to see the beta release you pasted in the comment

WORK-AROUND - SOLVED
However, I was able to get it working by downgrading UIPath.UIAutomation.Activities from v19.2.0 to v19.1.0

I noticed this behaviour after the 2019.2 update, and I believe they updated UIPath.UIAutomation.Activities to v19.2.0 which is causing the issue.

1 Like

Yes, This feature works with the version 19.1.0 and 19.3.0 (beta release). Wait until the package gets updated and you can verify the feature. If you feel I solve the solution, please mark it as solved :grinning:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.