Scrapping unwanted elements

Has anyone tried to scrape Birthdays from Facebook? I am looking to scrape just the names but I am getting extra content (see attached image)Facebook%20Birthday%20Extract

Any pointers on how to ‘not’ scrape the ‘View Friendship’ link?

1 Like

Hello,

Apart from scrapping you can use the find children activity and use the filter property get the specific tag values.

Also, can you elaborate your problem statement more with an URL or steps you have followed?
When I tried to scrape data I didn’t found any issues.

Thanks,
Meg

1 Like

Thanks Megharaj. Try this for Today’s Birthdays not Upcoming ones and lets compare notes. If you don’t get the ‘view friendship’ link then I need to follow what you are doing!

I used the data scrapper and although I only selected names, the scrapper also picked the ‘View Friendship’ link

1 Like

Hello,

I tried for today’s birthdays too. I am getting the only names.

While scrapping please indicate the name alone as below,

Hope this helps
Thanks,
Meg

1 Like

Yep, that’s exactly what I did as well. I tried for Recent birthdays and run in to this issue. I will wait for the day when someone has a birthday and try again.

BTW, did you select data for column2? I didn’t.

I will keep trying or come back here for possible solutions! :slight_smile: Thanks again!

1 Like

Hello,

Nope, i didnt select column 2.
Please try again one more time tomorrow/later and please post back if any issues.
Happy to help if anything required.

Meg

1 Like

So today I tried and I was able to scrape just names (instead of the names and view friendship link [the original issue i posted above]). However the Data scrapper picked first name in the list and then the last one on the list. But it didn’t pick 2nd name (out of total 3), see image below. Have you run in to such scenario? If I pick 1st name in the list, and then 2nd name in the list (instead of 3rd [last in the list of today’s birthdays]).

How do I make the scrapper to pick all the names?Facebook%20Birthday%20Extract%201

Hi,

I think this is selector issue, please select full names from first and second items of the list while scrapping data.

Thanks,
Meg

Yea, I am selecting full names, but apparently its skipping the names in the middle.