Scrape data (all lines) from virtualStringTree

Hello,

using UIPath version 2019.1.0
I am trying to automate using one application that apparently had been written in Delphi, since the UI Explorer returns me the class “VirtualStringTree” for the object that visually looks like a table of data.
This table is constantly updating.

While reading all hints I could find on the forum regarding the various methods to scrape I confirm that I tested them all with the following results:

• click on Screen Scraping => only returns data if I chose the scraping option “Native” from “UI Element”. However, the returned data are limited to the lines visible in the window at that moment. My goal though is to retrieve the full table (i.e. more lines than just the ones visible at the millisecond I execute the scraping).

• click on Data Scraping => “This control does not support data extraction. Please select a table cell”
    note: there is no child element I could select with any GUI inspector used so far (spy, UIPath explorer)

In fact, the visual Delphi object “virtualStringTree” seems to work as if it was an image. It has no cell structure like a table would usually have.

My question to Delphi experts: Is there any way to further step down the child objects of a virtualStringTree to programmatically retrieve it’s content / data?
What would have to be added to UiPath to do so?

Are there any other ways to program an automation for this data retrieval part from the virtualStringTree?

Does anyone have an idea to point me to ?

Many thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi @SunnyMax

Could you post a screenshot of the table and the selectors from the UiExplorer (feel free to blur any sensitive data).

Also, try all available frameworks to see if it helps:

It is also possible that data is simply not loaded into the ui elements above the one that fits in the window. In this case you will need to do a manual scrape, where you find a way to sort out and save the first page, then navigate to the next bunch of records, scrape those and add them to the previous ones.