Scheduling Bots Dynamically

Hello,

I have a process that essentially fills out an excel file and waits for it to be validated. Right now there is a dispatcher phase which adds items to the queue and then a performer which grabs the queue items and fills out the excel file accordingly. The validation can take a variable amount of time ranging from a couple minutes to over an hour. When the file is validated certain cells in the excel file will be updated saying it is validated. However, we do not want the robot to be sitting idle for that amount of time as there are other processes it needs to run. I was wondering what the best way to check if the file has been validated would be.
Would you guys suggest making another process that runs every couple of minutes?

Also, once it has been validated and uploaded I need to trigger the performer process again and then repeat this same cycle. So I need to know if theres a way to trigger a process based on the completion of a different process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @NischalV

Chaining processes is something that is currently being worked on :slight_smile:
In the meantime, you can see these topics:
https://forum.uipath.com/search?q=chain%20process

Currently, it is possible to use Orchestrator API to trigger a job. As such, you could have a separate tiny process that reads the Excel file every 5 minutes or so and triggers the main job if the cells were updated.

1 Like