Scheduled process fails due to Outlook

Hi

I have a process using some Outlook activities (Get Outlook Mail Messages, Save Attachments, Move Outlook Mail Message, and Send Outlook Mail Message). When I run it manually via Studio or manually via Orchestrator, everything runs fine. However, if the process is run via a scheduler it fails with the error below.

I’m tempted to think that me being logged into the machine might have something to do with the successful vs. unsuccessful runs, but that’s just a guess.

Does anyone have an idea what’s causing this and how to resolve the issue?

This is the error info in Orchestrator for the failed runs (I restarted the machine before the weekend which didn’t help):

Info: The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.
at UiPath.Mail.Outlook.Activities.MoveOutlookMessage.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hi
welcome to UiPath community

This occurs Outlook account and a Exchange Server account are configured in the same Outlook profile.
instead of GET OUTLOOK MAIL ACTIVITY kindly try once with GET EXCHANGE MAIL ACTIVITY and similarly other exchange activities as well
Cheers @JonAndri

Hi @Palaniyappan

Thanks for the feedback. I’m not so familiar with the difference between an Outlook account vs an Exchange Server account. I checked the account settings in Outlook and it shows a single e-mail account of type Microsoft Exchange.
I could switch to the Exchange activities and I’ll look into that, but if I wanted to use the Outlook activities, what would I need to ensure?