Scheduled job in Orchestrator doesn't stop

orchestrator
schedule

Hi,

I have scheduled a job to run after every five minute. In the ‘Actions’ tab I configure “Stop after” 35 min so the job should run for around 7 times but it never stops even after 35 min, it continue to run every 5 min.

Now to check it, I change the stop after time to 1 min only so the schedule job should not start after 5 min but again same happens.

Attached the second screenshot where i reduced the ‘stop after’ time to 1 min.

Experts out there can suggest what could be the reason here?

Where are you scheduling your Robot to run every 5 minutes? I guess you need to use CRON expression for this kind of requirement.

For eg: This runs Daily(Mon-Fri) at 9 am every 5 minutes and Stops after 9:35 am.

0,5,10,15,20,25,30 0 9 ? * MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI*

You can customize your CRON expression here

https://www.freeformatter.com/cron-expression-generator-quartz.html

May be a silly question but have you placed a Soft Stop command within your workflow to stop at a certain point?

I guess you mean “Should stop”.

@humayunmalik I think you don’t quite understand the purpose of the “Stop after” function. What it does is stopping the running process (if it contains a Should Stop of course) after a certain time.
But by reading your question, I understand that you want the schedule to disable itself after 35 min, which is not possible this way.

No, I dont think it is needed and don’t know how to merge it with in the workflow.

I prefer it to stop through scheduler since we have a job schedule functionality.

Absolutely correct.

How can i use ‘should stop’ if i need to run the script for 6 times a day and it takes 10 minutes to complete one script.

Also now what I understand is, ‘Stop After’ is used when your job is taking time to complete so you use this to stop it forcefully after specific time. Is my understanding correct now?

Correct! :slight_smile:

To be more precise:

• “Stop After” from the Orchestrator sends a stop order to a robot running a process
  • The “Should stop” activity in a process catches this stop order if it exists and stops the process
  • This is especially useful for processes that are loops, place a Should stop in the loop so that it can stop at the end of an iteration
  • If there isn’t any “Shoud stop” activity in your process, the stop order from the orchestrator won’t ever get caught by your process

If you want to run your process 6 times a day and you know it takes roughly 10 minutes, an easy solution would be to make 6 schedules (i.e. starting at 10:00, 10:10, 10:20, 10:30, 10:40, 10:50). Don’t worry, even if your process that started at 10:00 isn’t finished at 10:10, it will start again directly after it finished because the Orchestrator will make a “Pending” job for it.