Scenario Design

Hello,

My Use case includes going to a public website searching with a address, downloading the address page as pdf .

I have automated the scenario for 1 record (I/P excel) , would like to feed various records , is it possible to keep the recording or we need to have separate recording.

Good evening Deskpande,

You will need to convert the sequence into a workflow and change any hard-coded values into arguments. Then you’ll be able to repeatedly call this workflow multiple times with your new inputs.

This link may help you: https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/how-to-invoke-workflows-from-another-workflow

Thank you for the response. I was looking at methods to use the same solution even when the ui recording changes.

Absolutely, I think I understand now what you’re looking for.

You should be able to use an “Open Browser” activity with an input argument like in_URL (string) and then use keyboard shortcuts and regular click navigation to get to the print screen and save as PDF.

For example:

1. Open Browser
  2. Hotkey Control + P (or Control + S)
  3. Select PDF file type in drop-down menu
  4. Click “Save” button

This way, every page will be saved as PDF no matter which UI elements are present on the web page we navigate to.

I have the recording with the above mentioned criteria, currently my entire recording is based on search criteria- " Test1" , in actual the input is going to be “Test2,Test3 etc” and the pages for test2, test3 are going to eb different from test1. … how do i handle this scenario