Saving pdf accessibility settings for proper scraping

Hello there,

Just recently started to use UIpath. Already had a lot of struggle with reading pdf. Now all pdf settings seems to be okay, and I do use older Acrobat reader DC version (18).

Problem is when I try to get text from PDF, document is not readable (by that I mean it is just looks like a all page object, not breaking to smaller objects (per line, or per number, etc)), unless I change accessibility settings in Edit >> accessibility >> change reading options >> select Infer reading options from doc (recommended). And that I have to do every time I want to work with different document.

Is there a way I could save accessibility settings in pdf so that I would open pdf files with “Infer reading options from doc (recommended)”. Or maybe there is a way with UIpath to open document with that “Infer reading options from doc (recommended)” setting by default.
Or other workarounds? Maybe there are better pdf readers to use with uipath?

Thank you,

If you are referring to Acrobat reader, saving the settings is probably not available with the free version, might be available with a licensed version.

However, you can do an uiautomation to change this setting everytime you open a PDF.

1 Like

Yes, struggled, but had to do automation on opening.

Thanks.